Lewisham Council - How to order a new bin

Order a new bin

Use the links on this page to order a new rubbish bin, recycling bin, food waste bin or plastic sacks.

Houses, converted houses and flats above shops


  • All houses and flats in converted houses can get one 180-litre black wheelie bin for rubbish.
  • If you live in a flat above a shop, we will give you official Lewisham Council orange plastic sacks.
  • Please only use your rubbish bin or sacks for waste that can’t go in your recycling or food waste bins.


Food waste

Flats in estates, small blocks and new developments

We provide estates with communal bins. If you live in privately-managed flats, your managing agent must request communal bins from us. Find out about collections for flats in large estates, small blocks or new developments.

Using your bins correctly

To make sure you use your bins correctly, find out what items can go in your recycling and food waste bins. We will not give you a new recycling bin or food waste bin if your old one was removed because it was used incorrectly.

Top story

Council services over the Christmas and New Year period

Find out about changes to council services over the Christmas and New Year period.

Content Promos