Lewisham Council - Appeals

Council tax appeals

You can appeal against your council tax if you do not think you should be liable or if you think your home is in the wrong valuation band.​

Liability appeals

If you think you should not be liable for council tax, or have been refused a discount or exemption to which you think you are entitled, you have the right of appeal. You should write in the first instance to the Council Tax Department at the address below.

If you are unable to resolve your dispute directly with us you should write to the Valuation Tribunal Service, 2nd Floor, 120 Leman Street, London E1 8EU.

You must continue to pay the council tax charge pending the outcome of any appeal.

Valuation appeals

If you think your home is in the wrong band you have six months from the date you become liable in which to appeal.

Write to the Listing Officer, Council Tax South, Valuation Office Agency, 1 Ruskin Square, Dingwall Road, Croydon CR0 2WF

You must continue to pay the council tax charge based on your current banding pending the outcome of any such appeal​.


Council tax
Council Tax Team
Po Box 58993
Bromley Road
Se6 9gz
020 8690 9666

Content Promos

Register to manage your council tax account