Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Marriage and civil partnership

Our staff at the Register Office can guide you through the legal formalities of getting married or forming a civil partnership.
Here are the main fees relating to marriage and civil partnership.
Giving notice to marry or form a civil partnership
If you wish to get married or form a civil partnership in a religious or civil ceremony, you will need to give notice at the Register Office.
Same-sex marriages
Find out how much it costs and what you have to do.
Opposite sex civil partnerships
The Government announced on 2 October plans to introduce civil partnerships for opposite sex couples.
Book your ceremony
This page gives details of venues in the borough licensed for non-religious weddings and civil partnerships.
Religious ceremony weddings
To book a marriage at a place of worship, first contact us.