Lewisham Council - Complaints procedure for children and young people

Complaints procedure for children and young people

We would like to hear from you about any of our services.

What does a Council service include?

  • playground
  • play centre
  • youth centre
  • school
  • sports centre
  • library
  • foster care
  • parks
  • social work
  • council housing
  • adoption.

If you are unsure whether your comment, complaint, or compliment is about a Council service you can call 020 8314 8276 to check.

What should I do if I am unhappy with something the Council has done?

You can speak to a member of staff, or the person in charge. They will try and put things right straight away.

You can ask a friend or an adult you know and trust to help you.

What happens if I am still unhappy?

If you feel you have not been listened to or that a member of staff has not been helpful then please fill in the online form.

​​We really want to hear from you so if you don't want to fill in the form, you can:

What happens next?

When we get your complaint we will write to you within two days to let you know what is going to happen. We will try our best to sort things out and write to you again within two weeks, to let you know what we have done. Sometimes it may take longer, but we will let you know if we need more time.

If you contact us with an idea or compliment, we will write to you to let you know that we have got it. Sometimes we may change the way we do things because of what you have said. We will let you know this.

Related pages

Content Promos