Lewisham Council - Deptford Park
Menu

Deptford Park

An oasis of greenery in a heavily urbanised area of the borough. Bordered by mature plane trees, it makes a pleasant walk around the wide, perimeter pathway.

The site of Deptford Park, originally a market garden, was sold by the Evelyn family to the London County Council, in 1884, and the park was officially opened to the public on 7 June 1897.

In recent years the park has undergone two phases of improvement works. Phase one works included the installation of new boundary railings, brick pillars and gates. Phase two comprised of the new children's playground, formal paved area and seating.

The information on the Deptford Park master plan contains all the documents related to the consultation and development of regenerating this park.

Access

  • Evelyn Street.

Facilities

  • Football pitch
  • Green flag
  • Play area
  • River.



 

Related pages

Content Promos