When contacting us for information, please note we only have one member of staff working on the press desk and they will need to give priority to enquiries made by working journalists.
We get a large number of enquiries from national, regional, local and specialist media. Unfortunately, this means that in many instances we may not be able to help you.
Please do not contact the press desk for general information about Council services or for ideas for stories. Information about services can be found on this website. If you would like information about the latest Council news and activities you can subscribe to one or more of our rss feeds, register for our regular enewsletters, follow us on Twitter @LewishamCouncil or have a look at our news page.
If you are a journalism student and have an enquiry, you must follow these steps:
- Email email@example.com in the first instance. We staff the press desk on rotation so please don’t email individuals as they may be working away from the office or on leave. We cannot answer enquiries sent to individual emails.
- Be specific about the questions you want answered and how you intend to use the information.
- Identify yourself clearly providing your name, your college, and an email address and a telephone number so we can contact you easily.
- Give us your deadline but please also give us as much advance notice as possible – at least three working days.
- Please do not duplicate other requests – check with your course mates about who is working on a particular story.