Our local support scheme is designed to ensure that, in a crisis or an emergency, those residents who are most at risk and least financially able to help themselves receive access to the support they need.
Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for a loan and/or a grant.
- An emergency loan is intended to provide immediate, short-term financial support for people who need money urgently because of expenses they have incurred as a result of a crisis situation, disaster or other emergency. The loan has to be repaid.
- A support grant is designed to provide short-term support for people looking to stay in or return to their community. The grant does not have to be repaid.
- The Starting Work Award (SWA) is designed to assist our residents in returning to full time work. This loan has to be repaid.
Requesting a review
Your emergency support will be decided using the information and details you provide. If you think the decision is wrong you can request an internal review. To do this you must make contact in writing within 28 calendar days of the date of the decision, giving your reasons for requesting a review. Requests made after the 28 days will not be considered, unless good cause is given.
You can request a review in one of the following ways:
- Email: ESSteam@lambeth.gov.uk
- In writing: ESS Review Team, Revenues and Benefits, Olive Morris House, 18 Brixton Hill, London SW2 1RL
Please make sure that you include your claim reference and National Insurance number in all of your correspondence.
Making a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about the service you have received, you can do this in one of the following ways: