The Government is replacing council tax benefit for people on low incomes with localised council tax reduction schemes.
Things you can do or need to consider
- Make a claim: if you are not already claiming council tax benefit and think you may be entitled to some help, find out how to make a claim.
- Make paying council tax simple: if you already have to pay council tax but don’t currently pay by Direct Debit, contact us to set one up. We can arrange weekly or monthly payments to suit you.
- Make council tax a priority: if you are finding it difficult to pay your bills, don’t ignore your council tax. Contact us to find out how we can help.
- Make employment work for you: if you are able to work and are not already employed, or you would like to increase the amount of hours you work you can get more information here.
- Make the most of your money: find out about maximising your income; how to make your money go further and get help with your debts.