We are looking for social entrepreneurs, community and cultural organisations to take on a short-term lease in Deptford.
About the short-term business
We have a great opportunity for the right people to take on a three-year shop leasehold, which includes a basement space, at 28 Deptford High Street.
The property was recently refurbished and includes a self-contained ground floor and basement area and accessible disabled toilet. A new high-quality traditional style shop front will be installed in coming months.
About Deptford High Street
Deptford High Street is a vibrant community, which boasts many individual shops and a thriving market.
Deptford High Street and Deptford Market have recently benefited from a £2.1million investment from the Mayor of London and the Council to attract more people to the town centre. The money has been used to:
create a new open public space
improve some of the street’s historic shopfronts
support the market
promote arts and cultural activity in and around the high street.
How to apply
We would like to hear from groups or businesses who will further strengthen the cultural and/or economic vibrancy of the high street during their stay.
We will be holding viewings of the shop on Tuesday 21 March and Thursday 23 March 2017 by appointment only.
Download the shop brief to see the terms and full applicant criteria.
Please contact Louise Brooks and Nicky Chambers at 28DeptfordHighStreet@bakelondon.co.ukto make an enquiry or arrange a viewing.
Please submit expressions of interest on the form to 28DeptfordHighStreet@bakelondon.co.uk by Friday 31 March 2017.
- 1 March 2017 – expression of interest (stage 1) opportunity opens
- 21 and 23 March 2017 – site viewings by appointment
- 31 March 2017 – deadline for expression of interest submissions
- 14 April 2017 – invitation to shortlisted applicants to submit detailed (stage 2) application
- 26 April 2017 – deadline for detailed submissions
- 12 May 2017 – stage 2 decision in principle
- 26 May 2017 – agreed heads of terms
- 2 June 2017 – lease signed
- 9 June 2017 (provisional) – agree light-touch design and branding of the shopfront
- June 2017 (provisional) – agree shop fit-out specification
- 16 June 2017 (provisional) – complete light-touch design and branding of the shop front and shop fit-out
- 1 July 2017 (provisional) – full occupation and activity commenced as per service agreement.